The Great Escape from Melbourne
At the completion of the Alpine run we have 7 days to drive all the way back to Perth. All 6 cobras will take on the Great Ocean Road from east to west as far as Adelaide. Two cars will truck back from Adelaide and the remaining four will continue to drive back to Perth.
Day 1 - Monday 2nd December 2019
Burwood Hotel to Port Fairy (389 km, 5 hrs 40 Min)
The Caledonian Inn - $120.
Day 2 - Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Caladonian Inn, Port Fairy to Hahndorf (556 km, 6 hrs)
Hahndorf Old Mill Hotel - $125.00
Day 3 - Wednesday 4th December 2019
Hahndorf to Ceduna (899 km, 8 hrs 34 min)
Highway One Motel - $105.00
- Alex & Hilde and John & Marea will separate from the group in Adelaide and spend several days in the Barossa Valley before loading the cars on the truck on Friday and then flying back to Perth.
- The remainder will continue to drive back to Perth.
Day 4 - Thursday 5th December 2019
Ceduna to Balladonia (981 km , 10 hrs 3 min)
Balladonia Hotel Motel - $140.00
Day 5 - Friday 6th December 2019
John & Alex deliver their cars to Jayde Transport depot, 36 Bowyer Road, Wingfield S.A.
4 remaining cobras: Balladonia to Esperence (422 km, 4 hrs 29 min)
Bayview Motel - $120.00
Day 6 - Saturday 7th December 2019
- A day exploring Esperance.
- Possible round trip to Observatory Point then up to the Pink Lake and back to Esperance.
- Museums or a walk on the beach.
Day 7 - Sunday 8th December 2019
Esperence to Perth (714 km, 7 hrs 39 min)